Friday, January 27, 2012

Preferred Authoring Tool for Interactive Fiction

Right now, I'm currently using my sister, Ysa's, laptop. Today (or tonight), I will ask myself a question about what is my preferred IF authoring toolkit, and why I like it. Read on, if you want to. :)

Ally, what is your favorite toolkit?


Quest 5, which can be found here. It is a system that has a visual interface which requires little or no programming knowledge. And, it has a code editor, too, for those who like to code in an html-like language. Although, I haven't made any games yet with this.

Why do you like to use this toolkit?

It's actually quite easy to use and is claimed to be really powerful, and I have got little problems with it on the way. What I like most is that it's powerful with either the visual interface, and the code view. It allows you to add sounds, pictures, and embed YouTube/Vimeo (if I read correctly) videos.

I also like that you can convert your games to iPhone/Android apps if you ask Alex (the developer of Quest) kindly. He will then host it in the app stores, and people will be able to play your games from there.

You can also upload your games in http://www.textadventures.co.uk/ and it can be played online.

So, yeah, that's it guys. I was supposed to ask Ysa why she likes her favorite toolkit, but... She's not really interested in this type of stuff.

Thanks for reading,
Ally

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers